To enter a blind person’s allowance,
- Select the Data Input tab
- Select button
- A new window opens, scroll to the bottom to the allowances section and click on Blind Person’s Allowance
- A new window opens, which needs to be completed
- ‘Registered blind?’ Tick this box to confirm that the taxpayer is registered as blind and eligible for the allowance for the current tax year.
- ‘Name of local authority or other register’ Enter the name of the local authority with which the taxpayer is registered.
- ‘Give surplus allowance to spouse?’ Tick this box if the taxpayer has elected to give surplus allowances to their spouse.
- ‘Amount of surplus allowance claimed from spouse’ Enter the amount of surplus Blind Person’s Allowance to transfer from spouse.
There is additional information available from gov.uk website:https://www.gov.uk/blind-persons-allowance/what-youll-get