This section is accessed via the data input tab within the tax return and allows for input of foreign savings interest. You should add a new section for each country from which foreign interest has been received.
All amounts of foreign income received and foreign tax paid must be entered in sterling.
- ‘Period start‘ Enter the start date of the accounting period
- ‘Period end‘ Enter the end date of the accounting period
- ‘Country‘ Start typing the name of the country where the interest arose, and select the country from the list displayed.
- ‘Is income unremittable?’ Tick the box if the partnership has income arising outside the UK that it’s unable to remit to the UK because of exchange controls or a shortage of foreign currency in the overseas country, to claim that the unremittable income should not be taxed
- ‘Description‘ enter a brief description of the income.
- ‘Amount before tax’ enter the amount before tax
- ‘Foreign tax paid‘ Enter the amount of any foreign tax taken off.
- ‘Total’ Taxfiler shows the sum of the amounts entered
To delete a line from the grid, click the ‘trash can‘ icon at the end of the line.