Use this section to add details of income received from land and property abroad. Do not use this section to input details of Furnished Holiday Lets in the EEA; these should be entered in the Income from property section.
When entering income from overseas land and property you can choose to enter each property into a separate section, or you can place all properties from a single country into the same section. Taxfiler will aggregate the results for the tax return form.
All amounts of foreign income received and foreign tax paid must be entered in sterling.
- ‘Period start’ Enter the start date of the accounting period
- ‘Period end’ Enter the end date of the accounting period
Details of property
- ‘Country‘ Enter the name of the country where the property is located. If there are multiple properties in a country then you may choose to aggregate the details into a single section, or enter each property separately. If you have properties in more than one country then use a different section for each country.
- ‘Number of properties‘ Enter the number of properties that you are including in this section, if you are aggregating property income for a country.
- ‘Address‘ Click to enter the address of the property. The address is not required for the tax return so is for memo purposes only.
- ‘Is income unremittable?’ Tick the box if the partnership has income arising outside the UK that it’s unable to remit to the UK because of exchange controls or a shortage of foreign currency in the overseas country, to claim that the unremittable income should not be taxed
- ‘How are income and expenses calculated?‘ select from the drop down list either ‘Accruals (traditional) basis’ or ‘cash basis’
Income and expenses
Enter the values for each of the below fields if applicable
- ‘Total rents and other receipts‘
- ‘Rent, rates, insurance, ground rents, etc‘
- ‘Repairs, maintenance and renewals’
- ‘Finance costs for residential properties’
- ‘Residential finance costs allowable’
- ‘Other finance charges, including interest’
- ‘Legal and professional costs’
- ‘Costs of services provided, including wages’
- ‘Other expenses‘
- ‘Total expenses‘ Taxfiler will show the sum of the expenses entered.
- ‘Net profit or loss‘ Taxfiler will show the difference between income and expenses
Additions and deductions
- ‘Adjustment for private use‘
- ‘Balancing charges‘
- ‘Total additions‘ Taxfiler will show the sum of any additions
- ‘Capital allowances’
- ‘Includes enhanced environmentally friendly allowances’
- ‘Cost of replacing domestic items’
- ‘Total deductions’ Taxfiler will show the sum of the deductions entered
- ‘Adjusted Profit / (Loss)‘ Taxfiler shows the net profit or loss with the adjustments taken into account
Chargeable premiums and foreign tax
- ‘Foreign tax paid on rents etc.’
- ‘Premiums charged’
- ‘Foreign tax on chargeable premiums’