This section is accessed via the data input tab within the tax return and is used to add details of management expenses and capital allowances for investment and life assurance companies.
- ‘Description‘ Enter a brief description of the expense.
- ‘Per accounts‘ Enter the expense per the accounts.
- ‘Allowed‘ Enter the amount of the expense allowable as a deduction.
To delete a line from the grid, click the ‘trash can’ button at the end of the line.
- ‘Excess management expenses brought forward’ Enter any excess management expenses brought forward from an earlier period.
- ‘Total available for relief‘ This field shows the total management expenses brought forward and arising.
- ‘Used this period’ Enter the management expenses to be utilised this period.
- ‘Surrendered to group (from group relief)’ This field shows the total excess management expenses that have been surrendered for group relief in this period.
- ‘Excess to carry forward’ This field shows the total unused excess management expenses to be carried forward.
- ‘Capital allowances for business management’ Enter the total capital allowances claimed on expenditure used for business management.