This section is accessed via the Data input tab within the tax return and is used to input miscellaneous items for the foreign pages.
- Gains on disposals of holdings of offshore funds – enter the amount of the income received when disposing of the interest in an offshore fund. If the disposal should be treated as a gain rather than income then it should be entered in the Capital Gains section.Also use this field for income payments from a non-resident trust. See Helpsheet 262 Income and benefits from transfers of assets abroad and income from non-resident trusts.
- Benefits received from a person abroad – enter the value of any benefits received from a person abroad.
- Benefit received from protected income source (Added from 2022)
- Gift of protected foreign income (Added from 2022)
- Benefit received as settlor (Added from 2022)
- Onward gift received as settlor (Added from 2022)
- Other income omitted because of exemption from transfer of assets – enter the sterling value of income omitted.
Additional text note for Tax Return
Enter any additional information you wish to appear in the white space of the tax return.