Payments on account are entered through the Tax Return Status tab by clicking Tax Payments Made.
The screen contains two grids.
- The first grid allows input of payments on account made for the current year.
- The second grid allows input of any further balancing payments made for the year.
Each grid contains the following columns:
- ‘Date of payment‘ Enter the date of the payment
- ‘Description‘ Enter an optional description (e.g. “January payment on account”).
- ‘Amount’ Enter the amount of the payment
Note that the payments on account will not appear on the tax return or computation. They will appear in the tax return summary:
- On screen, on the tax return status tab.
- In the summary report, downloadable from the tax return status tab and optionally included in the client download bundle.
Additional information is available on the Gov.uk website