This screen is accessed via the data input tab within the tax return and allows a claim of tax relief for subscriptions for shares in Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs).
Taxfiler’s computation will allow relief of 30% of the smaller of:
- The amount subscribed
- The amount that reduces the tax bill to zero for the year.
- Date invested’ Enter the date the investment was made. (Added from 2022)
- ‘Unique Investment Reference/Tax Office’ Enter either the Unique Investment Reference or HMRC Office that issued the documentation. (Added from 2022)
- ‘Trust’ Enter the name of the trust.
- ‘Amount subscribed‘ Enter the full amount subscribed.
If you enter an amount subscribed of more than £200,000, Taxfiler will limit the amount included on the tax return to £200,000 as required by the tax return notes.
To delete a line from the grid, click the ‘trash can‘ button at the end of the line.