This section is accessed via the data input tab within the tax return and should be used to enter any tax adjustments or PAYE coding adjustments required.
- ‘Tax refunded or set off by HMRC or Jobcentre plus‘ Enter any tax refunded or set off.
- ‘Does the return contain provisional figures?‘ Tick the box if the Return contains any provisional or estimated figures.
- ‘Increase in tax due because of adjustments to earlier year‘ Enter any increase in tax due because of adjustments to earlier years, such as for averaging.
- ‘Decrease in tax due because of adjustments to earlier year‘ Enter any decrease in tax due because of adjustments to earlier years, such as for losses carried back or averaging.
- ‘Any later year repayment being claimed now’ Enter any repayment being claimed in this Return.
- ‘Do not collect tax owed through PAYE’ Untick this box to request that HMRC collect underpaid tax in next year’s PAYE coding. HMRC will ignore this box if the Return is filed after 30th December, or if the underpayment exceeds the limits that can be collected under PAYE.
- ‘Do not collect non-PAYE income through PAYE’ Tick this box to code out underpaid PAYE payments.
- ‘Underpaid tax for earlier years included in tax code for this year‘ Enter the underpaid tax for earlier years that has been included in the tax code for this year and collected via PAYE.
- ‘Underpaid tax for this year included in tax code for next year’ Enter the underpaid tax that has been included in the code for next year.
- ‘Outstanding debt included in tax code for year‘ Enter any outstanding debt that has been coded out for this year.