This screen is accessed via the data input tab within the tax return. Use this section to add details of income received from land and property abroad
When entering income from overseas land and property you can choose to enter each property into a separate section, or you can place all properties from a single country into the same section. Taxfiler will aggregate the results for the tax return form.
All amounts of foreign income received and foreign tax paid must be entered in sterling.
Foreign property – details of property
- ‘Country‘ Enter the name of the country where the property is located. If there are multiple properties in a country then you may choose to aggregate the details into a single section, or enter each property separately. If you have properties in more than one country then use a different section for each country.
- ‘Number of properties‘ Enter the number of properties that you are including in this section, if you are aggregating property income for a country.
- ‘Address‘ Click ‘Change address’ to enter the address of the property. The address is not required for the tax return so is for memo purposes only. See entering addresses for more information
- ‘Is income unremittable?
Income and expenses
- ‘Total rents and other receipts‘ Enter the sterling value of all rents and other income, excluding chargeable premiums.
- ‘Rents, rates, insurance, ground rents etc.’
- ‘Repairs, maintenance and renewals’
- ‘Residential finance costs’
- ‘Costs allowed as a deduction’ (75% in 2018, 50% in 2019 and 25% in 2020)
- ‘Other finance charges, including interest’
- ‘Legal and professional costs’
- ‘Costs of services provided, including wages’
- ‘Other expenses’
- ‘Total expenses’
- ‘Net profit or loss’
Additions and deductions
- ‘Adjustment for private use’
- ‘Balancing charges’
- ‘Total additions’
- ‘Capital allowances’
- ‘Includes enhanced ‘environmentally friendly’ allowances’
- ‘Cost of replacing domestic items’
- ‘Total deductions’
- ‘Adjusted Profit / (Loss)
Chargeable premiums and foreign tax
- ‘Foreign tax paid on rents etc.’
- ‘Claim foreign tax credit relief?’
- ‘UK tax deducted’
- ‘Premiums charged’
- ‘Foreign tax on chargeable premiums’