This section is accessed via the Data input tab within that tax return and is used to enter income from trusts and settlements.
- Name of trust – enter the name of the trust.
- Trust UTR – enter the Unique Taxpayer Reference for the trust.
- Address – you may enter the address of the trustees for your own information if required.
- Trustees not resident in the UK for tax purposes? – tick the box if the trust is a non-resident trust for tax purposes. If the trust is non-resident and the income is taxable, tick this box and enter the income into the section Other overseas income and gains, unless the trust is settlor-interested.
Discretionary income payment from UK resident trust
- Net amount – enter the net amount of discretionary income from trusts that are not settlor-interested.
- Total payments from settlor-interested trusts – enter the payments if the trust is settlor-interested.
Non-discretionary income entitlement
- Net amount of non-savings income – enter the amount from box 3 of the R185(T).
- Net amount of savings income – enter the amount from box 4 of the R185(T).
- Net amount of dividend income – enter the amount from box 5 of the R185(T).
Relief for residential finance costs
Relief is entered in a grid format:
- Description of property business
- Finance costs
- Unrelieved costs b/fwd
- Available for relief
- Unrelieved costs c/fwd
Additional text note for Tax Return
Enter any additional information you wish to appear in the white space of the tax return.