This section is accessed via the data input tab within that tax return and is used to enter income from trusts and settlements.
- ‘Name of trust’ Enter the name of the trust.
- ‘Trust UTR‘ Enter the Unique Taxpayer Reference for the trust.
- ‘Address‘ You may enter the address of the trustees for your own information if required.
- ‘Trustees not resident in the UK for tax purposes?’ Tick the box if the trust is a non-resident trust for tax purposes. If the trust is non-resident and the income is taxable, tick this box and enter the income into the section Other overseas income and gains, unless the trust is settlor-interested.
Discretionary income payment from UK resident trust
- ‘Net amount’ Enter the net amount of discretionary income from trusts that are not settlor-interested.
- ‘Total payments from settlor-interested trusts’ Enter the payments if the trust is settlor-interested.
Non-discretionary income entitlement
- ‘Net amount of non-savings income’ Enter the amount from box 3 of the R185(T).
- ‘Net amount of savings income’ Enter the amount from box 4 of the R185(T).
- ‘Net amount of dividend income’ Enter the amount from box 5 of the R185(T).
Relief for Residential finance costs
Relief is entered in a grid format
- ‘Description of property business’
- ‘Finance costs‘
- ‘Unrelieved costs b/fwd‘
- ‘Available for relief‘
- ‘Unrelieved costs c/fwd‘
Additional text note for Tax Return
Enter any additional information you wish to appear in the white space of the tax return.