This section is accessed via the Data input tab within the tax return and allows input of property income details.
The section contains 3 tabs:
Net property income per accounts
- Description of income – enter a brief description of the property income.
- Per accounts – enter the net income in the accounts.
- Amount taxable – enter the net taxable income (before adjustments).
Add: amounts disallowed
- Description – enter a brief description of the disallowed item.
- Per accounts – enter the amount included in the property accounts.
- Disallowed – enter the amount to disallow.
- HRMC Category – select a category for the disallowable item. This category will be used to tag the value in the XBRL computation.
Other tax adjustments
- Description – enter a brief description of the adjustment.
- Amount per accounts – enter the amount per the property accounts.
- Amount of deduction / (addition) – enter the amount of the deduction or addition. If the adjustment is an addition, enter a negative figure.
- HMRC Category – select a category for the adjustment. This category will be used to tag the value in the XBRL computation.
To delete a line from a grid, click the ‘trash can‘ button at the end of the line.
- Did the qualifying activity cease in this period? – tick the box if the qualifying activity ceased in the current accounting period. This allows balancing capital allowances to be calculated correctly on asset pools.