This section is accessed via the data input tab within the tax return and allows input of property income details. The section contains 3 tabs:
Net property income per accounts
- ‘Description of income’ Enter a brief description of the property income.
- ‘Per accounts‘ Enter the net income in the accounts.
- ‘Amount taxable’ Enter the net taxable income (before adjustments).
Add: amounts disallowed
- ‘Description’ Enter a brief description of the disallowed item.
- ‘Per accounts’ Enter the amount included in the property accounts.
- ‘Disallowed’ Enter the amount to disallow.
- ‘HRMC Category’ Select a category for the disallowable item. This category will be used to tag the value in the XBRL computation.
Other tax adjustments
- ‘Description’ Enter a brief description of the adjustment.
- ‘Amount per accounts‘ Enter the amount per the property accounts.
- ‘Amount of deduction / (addition)’ Enter the amount of the deduction or addition. If the adjustment is an addition, enter a negative figure.
- ‘HMRC Category’ Select a category for the adjustment. This category will be used to tag the value in the XBRL computation.
To delete a line from a grid, click the ‘trash can’ button at the end of the line.
- ‘Did the qualifying activity cease in this period?’ Tick the box if the qualifying activity ceased in the current accounting period. This allows balancing capital allowances to be calculated correctly on asset pools.