The users tab is accessed from the SETTINGS (cog icon) on the Taxfiler menu.
This tab lists the users who are set up on your Taxfiler database. There are columns which show who has a licence, only users with a licence can login to Taxfiler and who is set up as the Primary user.
From here you can modify user details including email address and password, by clicking on the user you wish to update.
Create a new user
To create a new user, click. If the button is not displayed then you may not have the required rights to edit users.
For each new user, enter the required information:
- First name – enter first name of the user.
- Last name – enter surname of the user.
- Email address – enter the email address of the user. This field is required to allow the user to login to Taxfiler.
- Code/ Initials – a code or initials for the user, which must be unique.
- Reporting Level – select a level for the user from the drop-down list, this can be one of Partner, Manager, Staff or None. Partners, managers and staff can be selected on the responsibility tab for a client.
- Type of account: Account type – select either Normal user or Administrator if the user is to have administrator rights, such as the ability to create new users.
After saving the user the restrictions screen will open, here you are able to select the functionality that you would like the user to have on the system, there is a wizard to assist.
Where you have created the user with an email address and you have available licences, a licence will be automatically assigned to the user. If you have insufficient licences you will need to upgrade your package, you will have the option on this screen to assign a licence when one is available. After entering the details for the user click Change password to set a password for the user.
A new user will not be able to login until you have set an email address, password and assigned a licence.
Editing a user
To edit a user’s details click on the code or initials of the user you wish to amend.
If you remove a user’s email address, password or licence then they will no longer be able to login to Taxfiler.
Changing a password
To change a user’s password, first click on the user to view their details, then click
Enter the new password. Enter it a second time to confirm, then click Save changes.
If a user forgets their password they can request a password reset link via email by clicking the Forgotten password link on the login page.